Family law is a broad area of the law that deals with issues related to marriage, divorce, child custody, child support, adoption, and domestic violence. In Florida, family law is governed by the Florida Family Law Code.
The Florida Family Law Code is a comprehensive set of laws that sets forth the rights and responsibilities of spouses, parents, and children. The code also establishes the procedures for resolving family law disputes.
Some of the most common family law issues in Florida include:
- Marriage: Getting married, annulling a marriage, and getting a divorce
- Child custody: Deciding who will have custody of a child after a divorce or separation
- Child support: Figuring out how much child support one parent must pay to the other parent
- Adoption: The process of legally becoming a parent to a child who is not biologically yours
- Domestic violence: Protecting victims of domestic violence and holding abusers accountable
If you are facing a family law issue, it is important to consult with an attorney to discuss your legal options. An attorney can help you understand the law and protect your rights.
Family Law can be complicated and frustrating, navigating the system can be costly and burdensome. At Tumarkin & Burns, P.A. of Osceola County, Florida we’ve seen it all and helped hundreds of family law clients. If you need help or have questions, we are here to help. Simply click here and schedule an appointment with our team.
This is for informational purposes only, not to be construed as legal advice.