219 South Clyde Avenue Kissimmee, Florida 34741

How do you modify child support in Florida?

To modify child support in Florida, you must file a petition with the court. The petition must state the changes that you are requesting, such as an increase or decrease in the amount of child support. You must also provide evidence to support your request.

The court will consider a number of factors in deciding whether to modify child support, including:

  • The income of both parents
  • The needs of the child
  • Any changes in the child’s circumstances
  • Any changes in the parents’ circumstances

If the court finds that there has been a substantial change in circumstances, it may modify child support. The court may also modify child support if it finds that the original order was inequitable.

If you are considering modifying child support, you should consult with an attorney to discuss your legal options.

Family Law can be complicated and frustrating, navigating the system can be costly and burdensome. At Tumarkin & Burns, P.A. of Osceola County, Florida we’ve seen it all and helped hundreds of family law clients. If you need help or have questions, we are here to help. Simply click here and schedule an appointment with our team. 

This is for informational purposes only, not to be construed as legal advice.


We write our content using AI which is then reviewed by a human. Sometimes mistakes happen and the incorrect information is published. The content on this website does not constitute financial, legal, medical, or any other professional advice. Users should consult with the relevant professionals for specific advice related to their situation.